Where is this event held?
- The Duathlon will be held at the Dunigan YMCA at 6846 Oak Grove Rd, Evansville, IN 47715.
- The Triathlon (Sprint & Endurance) will be held at the Ascension St Vincent YMCA at 516 Court St, Evansville, IN 47708.
When will I receive my heat time?
- You will receive your assigned heat time by Jan 27th.
Is there day of registration?
- No. Registration closes on Jan 27th, 2021.
How can I contact the race director?
- Reach out to Meghan at email@example.com or at 812-492-6710.
What COVID-19 precautions are you taking?
- Sprint & Endurance participants will be competing at the Ascension St Vincent YMCA. Duathlon participants will be competing at the Dunigan Family YMCA.
- Temperatures will be taken on arrival for staff, spectators, volunteers & participants. Temperatures taken at or over 99.8 degrees will be asked to leave.
- If staff, spectators, volunteers or participants have had a cough, shortness of breath, fever, etc. We will ask you not to participate in this event. Please, keep in mind the safety of others.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask on entry to the YMCA and in transitions.
- One (1) spectator per participant.
- Masks will be required by staff, volunteers and spectators at all times.
- Heat sizes are limited to 4 or less participants per heat.
- Equipment will be sanitized between each heat.
- Heat times have been spread out to ensure proper social distancing.
- Registration is extremely limited to adhere to all COVID-19 precautions.
- It is the YMCA of Southwestern IN’s protocol to fog our building(s) to sanitize the air and equipment every night.
- If Vanderburgh County moves to “RED” status for the day of the event, the Indoor Triathlon and Duathlon will be rescheduled for the spring of 2021 – Date TBD.
What is the difference between Sprint and Endurance races?
- The Sprint option will participate in each event (swimming, biking, running) for 15 mins with transitions in between events.
- The Endurance option will participate in each event (swimming, biking, running) for 30 mins with transitions between events.
I’ve never done a Duathlon before but I run often and I can ride a bike. Do you think I could do it?
- This is the best time to try! This indoor event allows for you to choose how fast you choose to run (track & treadmill) and bike (stationary bike). This is a wonderful time to try something new!
What do you recommend needing for race day?
- Water bottle (Water bottle refillers are open. Water fountains are closed.)
- Snack, if you feel you will need one
- Change of clothes & shoes
- Swimsuit (for Sprint & Endurance participants)
- Towel – For all participants! The YMCA does not provide towel service.
- Bag/Lock – Lockers will be available. Participants will need to provide their own lock. The YMCA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
I’d like to volunteer. How do I sign up?
- Follow this link
- If you are interested in volunteering with a specific group or specific time – please feel free to contact Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you for considering volunteering!